Friday, November 21, 2008

Level 80 Pet Leveling Build

After an enjoyable leveling experience to 80, I have reached the finish line... sort of.

Unfortunately, now I have to level some of my pets to 80.  This is going to be a time consuming process, taking many hours for each pet.  The options I now have at 80 allow me to build my character for the sole purpose of leveling pets.

The fastest way to level pets is aoe'ing mobs with Volley.  Unfortunately only Gorilla's can keep mobs off of you while you Volley.  So this build expects you to not have a Gorilla.  It offers top Volley damage while excellent protection from the many mobs attacking you during Volley.  Also, it has no mana downtime; infinite mana in Dragonhawk.  There is some health downtime though as your tanking these mobs, so you will probably need plenty of food or bandages.

Note: Some of the non essential talents I have are personal preference and may differ from popular opinion (ex. picking up Savage Strikes in Tier 1 of Surival because I hate having to switch my tracking to exactly what I'm killing) 




The essential points of this Pet Leveling Build are these:
  • Aspect Mastery
    • Reduces incoming damage by 5% when in Dragonhawk and also gives you 90 more attack power in Dragonhawk
  • Careful Aim, Lethal Shots & Mortal Shots
    • Careful Aim gives me 400 more attack power, the extra crit and damage on crit is very nice for Volley
  • Trueshot Aura
    • Self explanatory; gives me just over 300 attack power
  • Barrage & Improved Barrage
    • Increases damage of Volley by 12% and allows you to keep channeling Volley while being hit (essential, as only Gorilla's can keep mobs off you during Volley)
  • Rapid Recuperation & Rapid Killing
    • Zero downtime, always at 80% mana or more; essential for speed aoe'ing (never have to switch to Viper)
  • Survival Instincts
    • Reduces incoming damage by 4% (stacks with Aspect Mastery)
  • Hunter vs. Wild & Survivalist
    • The extra health from Survivalist is very nice and the extra attack power from Hunter vs. Wild is nothing to sneeze at.  I recieve 374 extra attack power from Hunter vs. Wild with my current gear.
   
I believe this build to be one of the fastest, if not the fastest, way to level pets up to 80.

Well, I guess its back to leveling...  *grumble grumble*... the only class to have to level past the cap...

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a bad idea, I think. Much easier to run dailies with your pet. This way you level your pet and make money at the same time.

David said...

Yeah, this is a pretty old post.

If I even need to level a pet I just go to The Storm Peaks and kill Scion of Storm mobs.

They drop Relics of Ulduar and Crystallized Air. So I make a pretty penny just grinding those mobs.

Unknown said...

Just what I was looking for. I ran a dungeon or 2 with my new pvp serpent, but narry a level.

Off to Storm Peaks!