Updated: November 8th 2008
Shaedon's Complete List of Suggested Changes to Hunters
- Raptor Strike & Mongoose Bite merged
- Auto-Shot no longer interrupted by movement
- 25% Damage reduction while moving
- 1 Intellect now gives .5 Attack Power for Hunter's
- Caster's get crit from Intellect, Hunter's need that kind of incentive
- Deterrence changed to 50% less damage
- Hunter's need actual burst defense, especially vs. casters
- Global Cooldown removed from:
- Bestial Wrath
- Rapid Fire
- Hunter's Mark
- Arcane Shot mechanics changed back to pre Burning Crusade post 2.0 patch
- More scaling like Steady Shot would help vs. armor targets
- Pet's should scale with Crit & Resilience
- Remove Tranquilizing Shot
- Very limited use, too many shots as is
My Suggested Hunter Talent Tree
Documentation of all changes made from the base Hunter Talent Tree
Note: There are more changes in the Beast Mastery tree because it is the only tree that has not had major revisions for Wrath of the Lich King.
- Go for the Throat moved to Tier 1 of BM.
- This was to create more options in the Tier 1 of BM, similar to the Marksmanship and Survival tree. It's also a must have for most builds, especially BM. This gives a BM Hunter a little bit more versatility in their builds.
- Improved Aspect of the Hawk changed to only 3 ranks. 10% chance to increases speed by 5/10/15%.
- This creates the normal Tier 1 talent spread of a 5 talent, 3 talent and a 2 talent.
- Thick Hide changed to include 2/4/6% reduction of all spell damage taken by your pet, and a 1/2/3% reduction of all spell damage taken by you.
- This talent needed a small buff to keep up with the times.
- Improved Revive Pet and Improved Mend Pet combined into Pet Medic located in place of Improved Revive Pet.
- Both talents could use a buff and combining them was the easiest way to do it.
- Pathfinding removed.
- Completely and absolutely sucked.
- Pet Focus takes the place of Improved Mend Pet. Increases your pets maximum focus by 10/20.
- This talent helps your pet maintain better up time for specials since their maximum focus would increase to 120 with 2/2, and it would mesh well with GftT and Bestial Discipline.
- Spirit Bond changed to 2/4% passive health regen every 10 sec. It still increases healing on you and your pet by 5/10%.
- This change would strengthen Spirit Bond's core ability.
- 2% every 10 seconds is 220 health (if you have 11k), which is just inconsequental
- 4% every 10 seconds is 440 health (if you have 11k), which is still not very good, but might actually be useful
- Intimidation changed to instant
- Thought Blizzard changed it to instant, but they did not
- Catlike Reflexes changed to reduce damage to pet by 3/6/9% and damage to you by 1/2/3%.
- Dodge does not help us vs Casters or when we attacked from behind, changing this makes the talent decent.
- Invigoration changed back to what it used to be: 1/2% mana regenerated.
- The nerf was unwarranted. It looks to be minimally useful in PvP, where pets crit chance is significantly reduced (resilience).
- Careful Aim nerfed.
- .5 AP per Intellect is now base. Changed to be .16/.25.50 AP per Intellect.
- Improved Hunter's Mark changed to 16/25/50% bonus attack power increase from Hunter's Mark.
- This talent, after many changes throughout the beta, seems lackluster, buffed to compensate.
- Efficiency changed to 2 talents with a 5/10% mana reduction on your Shots and Stings.
- It was a heavy investment for 5 talents being only a 10% reduction.
- Consussive Barrage buffed to 4/8/12% chance to Daze the target for 4 secs from an Autoshot.
- The current 2/4/6% chance is too minuscule to effect play at all.
- Piercing Shots changed to 3/6/10% armor ignore on all shots.
- Extremely weak talent, needed major buff.
- Improved Barrage changed to inlcude a 2/4/6% change for a Multi-Shot or Volley to stun target for 3 seconds.
- Wild Quiver changed to 5/10/15% chance to proc off of Auto Shot.
- Very deep in the tree, this talent needed to be good, not merely okay.
- Improved Wingclip moved to Tier 1 replacing Savage Strikes (Raptor Strike & Mongoose Bite no longer exist). Only 2 ranks, 10/20%.