We ended our run winning against a 2261 rated Mage / Rogue team, and decided to call it good after that.
I wanted to make our team a little bit better this week by helping Siphter level his Engineering. With Engineering he has Nitro Boosts for a 2 second super sprint, an Explosive Rocket on gloves, a Gnomish Lightning Generator trinket and the Engineering Helm for better stealth detection. This gives us even more burst and more options for him to get on his target.
I also have switched up my spec to be more bursty, with less crowd control. I tried out a Chimaera for a few games and then switched back to my Wasp. The Cunning tree is just not viable at the moment, although come 3.1, it is getting some buffs.
53 / 18 / 0
This build definitely makes landing a Freezing Arrow a bit tougher (since I do not have Scatter Shot). But dropping a Freezing Arrow on where the off target will probably move next has actually worked out most the time.
Looking on to 3.1 changes for PvP...
Survival is getting some heavy PvP nerfs:
- Explosive Shot damage lowered
- Wyvern Sting only lasts 6 seconds in PvP and now has a longer cooldown (and the glyph only reduces cooldown by 6 seconds, instead of 15)
- Explosive Shot no longer has a chance to stun the target from T.N.T.
Marksmanship is getting some buffs:
- Talents are getting much better throughout the Marksmanship tree (damage wise)
- Chimera Shot mana cost is reduced by about 20%
Beast Mastery is getting one decent buff for PvP:
- Animal Handler now increases duration of Master's Call instead of reducing the cooldown (which makes it a much better talent, and keeps BM THE mobility tree for Hunters)
I think I will stick with BM come 3.1 for 2v2 Arena given the current 3.1 changes. I'm not sure what pet I will use come 3.1, either a Wasp or a Chimaera (with the Cunning buffs).