Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Aspect at 75: Dragonhawk

Aspects are now off the GCD. It's true. There will still be a 1 sec cooldown to switch from one aspect to another. It should feel a lot more like warrior stances or death knight presences.

We're also going to be putting a little bit of dodge (~10%?) onto Monkey. I'll update when we decide on a final number.

Just for consistency, paladin auras will probably get the same treatment.

These changes should go live before Nov 13.

As always, thanks for all of the feedback, and please keep it up now that many of the changes are live.

EDIT: After further discussion, we're not crazy about the "stance dancing" that hunters need to do to switch to Monkey when someone is in on you in melee. As we've said a few times, Disengage and Deterrence should be your go-to abilities at that time. If anything, removing Aspects from the GCD makes it feel like you are supposed to go Monkey every time you're in melee.

Rather than revert the change, we are introducing a new spell!

Instead of getting new ranks of Hawk at level 75 and 80, you now get the new Aspect of the Dragonhawk. This powerful aspect combines all of the effects of Hawk and Monkey. Any talent or glyph that affects either Hawk or Monkey also affects Dragonhawk the same way. The idea is that you retire Hawk and Monkey at level 75 and go to essentially two Aspects: Dragonhawk for combat and Viper for mana regen.

Enjoy.
 
Interesting... so all the posts and reasoning the devs gave us for dodge being nerfed is worthless.  I wonder what they plan to do with Aspect of the Beast...  I still don't think they have any clue what to do about Hunter's in Arena...  I guess I'll just cross my fingers and pray to the gods that Hunter's will be okay in Arena come Wrath of the Lich King... until then, I will have fun with the new pet system.

On a more fun note, my rogue friend and I were able to kill Vhel'kur with Tank (my new gorilla) as our tank.  Vhel'kur is the 70 elite ghost dragon that circles the island in the southeast of Shadowmoon Valley.  I tried it solo and was unable to do enough damage before my pet eventually died.  

Here's a screenshot of our kill:
   

No comments: